IMPORTANT! Please, please, PLEASE tick the 'Subscribe to our email list' box if you book a place because otherwise the system cannot send you your welcome email. It's really easy to 'unsubscribe' afterwards but it's the only way for me to easily send you all the information you need. THANK YOU, Christina
NOTE - This is part of a full weekend of HTM activities. For full details of all the activities please follow the links
To book a place on the HTM Training Show ONLY, please stay on this page...
Heelwork to Music Training Show - Saturday 1st October 2022, from 9:30am
Where - Hockley Community Centre main hall, Westminster Drive, Betts Farm, Hockley, SS5 4BD (SatNav - search for “Westminster Drive, Hockley” rather than the postcode.)
1. Ring size approx - 10m x 15m, Flooring - Exhibition Carpet
2. Limited to 30 handers
3. Each handler has 3 rounds in the ring of up to 4 minutes each time. These rounds may be all for one dog or split between other dogs the handler may have.
4. Two of your rounds will have the option (if you would like) of feedback from experienced HTM judges, however the other round will not have feedback.
Note – If you are an experienced HTM judge and wish to be considered as a feedback judge please let us know by emailing - [email protected]
5. There will be a running order on the day and this will be followed. Please arrive for running order number one as it may be you. Each handler will be expected to stay around for the day and be an ‘audience’ for the other handlers. The show opens at 9:00am and the first dog in the ring will be 9:30am.
6. Music - only one track of a CD will be played each run, therefore if you want a full 4 mins in the ring you will need to supply an edited track of 4 mins. Please bring your music on a CD with your name on it, which you will hand to the DJ just before entering the ring (you’re welcome to use the same CD several times.) Please bring a backup copy of your music on CD (or your backup copy could be on your phone / tablet but if you do this you are responsible for providing the appropriate headphone / line out adaptor connector for it to be plugged into our sound system.)
7. Please bring a packed lunch with you. Tea and coffee will be available. To help with Covid-19 safety please bring your own mug.
9. We may need a few extra helpers on the day. If this is the case we’ll have a sign up sheet for lovely people to sign in the morning please.
RULES - Please read the following carefully, by entering this training show you agree to…
1. Dogs do not have to be registered with the Kennel Club
2. Dogs are welcome to take part from 6 months old onwards HOWEVER dogs under 18 months old must not do any freestyle moves that could in any way injure them (including repetitive, strenuous or high impact moves) and it is expected that dogs under 12 months old will mostly be learning to pay attention and have fun in the ring with little more being asked of them. Christina Oxtoby (and delegated officials) reserve the right to stop routines if the dog is worried or thought to be performing inappropriate moves (including excessive running / ball play with young dogs.) Please be sensible with your dog. (Younger puppies are welcome into the venue, however it is expected that they will be vaccinated, house trained, and completely healthy.)
3. No moves or handling which may cause injury to dogs (of any age) are allowed. Christina Oxtoby (and delegated officials) reserve the right to stop routines if the dog is thought to be performing inappropriate moves.
4. No-one shall carry out punitive correction or harsh handling anywhere within the venue or grounds. Christina Oxtoby (and delegated officials) reserve the right to immediately remove anyone doing so from the venue. Choke chains, prong collars and shock collars are banned within the grounds of the venue. Please be kind to your dog.
5. Handlers are responsible for ensuring that their dog is healthy and fit to participate - By entering this show you agree not to bring to the show any dog, which has contracted or been knowingly exposed to any infectious or contagious disease during the 21 days prior to the day of the show, or which is suffering from a visible condition which adversely affects its health or welfare.
6. All dogs must be under control at all times within the venue, and on lead unless training within the indoor venue.
7. Please keep dogs barking in cars to a minimum (you are welcome to bring waiting dog(s) into the indoor venue as long as they are quiet and under control. Indoor crates are welcome.)
8. No female dog in season is allowed at the venue.
9. Anyone not adhering to these rules will be asked to leave the venue immediately (without refund.)
10. The entry fee is non-refundable.
11. In the unlikely event that the event is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances Event Dogs will refund fees minus reasonably incurred expenses.
ADDITIONAL COVID-19 RULES
- Ring stewards in / out will probably NOT be provided. Please arrange to have a ring buddy to do this for you, or if you can’t we’ll try to link people up to be able to help each other on the day.
- Please arrange for your ring buddy to film you if you wish to be filmed.
- Please follow the latest government guidelines
- If you have Covid-19 please do not attend
- If you have come into contact with someone with Covid-19 please do not attend unless you have a negative Covid-19 test within 24 hours of the show.
- Please be kind and thoughtful. We recognise that people have different views about Covid-19 safety, but we want EVERYONE to have a fantastic day and to do that each person needs to feel safe to enjoy their day. Everyone has a different risk factor for the disease therefore please ensure that you are actively kind and thoughtful towards other people. With this in mind please wear a MASK or face shield if you are moving about indoors. You do not need to wear one whilst you are competing, nor do you need to wear one whilst seated (unless case numbers are very high at that time,) or outside.
- Please keep a 2m distance from other people unless they are in a ‘bubble’ with you. Please assume people want their space even if they don’t say so – they may be polite and not wish to offend you by asking you to move back but still feel uncomfortable if you are too close (Imagine a young, bouncy Great Dane lengthways between you… Danes are always a wonderful thing to think about!)
Would you like a handler place? We look forward to welcoming you! (If you have any problems booking online, please email - [email protected] )
Event Dogs refund policy – If you cancel your booking with more than 4 calendar months to go before the event / training session you are entitled to a full refund minus a £10 admin fee. If you cancel with more than 2 calendar months to go you are entitled to a 50% refund minus a £10 admin fee. With less than 2 calendar months to go before your booked event / training session we are sorry but we are unable to offer you a refund, however you are welcome to pass your place on to someone else (we only ask that if it's a handler place their dog is suitable for the event / training session that you have booked.) We do sometimes have waiting lists for events so if you know that you will be unable to attend an event please contact us as soon as possible and if we can help we will.